Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A 6th Anniversary to Remember!

Well, our house is finally sick free. Naturally, Andrew and Adelyn got sick after Ella and I were sick last week. Poor Adelyn's puppy dog eyes as she pathetically looked up from the puke bucket in between bouts were enough to break your heart. But as anticipated, it all went away in about 12 hours... and not a moment too soon since Andrew and I were flying out that night to Chicago for our anniversary weekend sans kids.

Then it hit again. On Saturday after
a stroll down Michigan Avenue, Andrew started to feel nauseous. Sick enough that he barely made it through dinner without ordering a thing. (I still enjoyed my whole Maine lobster tail and Alaskan red king crab legs even though I felt guilty about it!) We may not have wined and dined till the wee hours of the night like I had secretly planned but we still enjoyed each other's company and the fabulous view from our posh suite. (We took full advantage of all of the hotel perks we got with Andrew's "Platinum" status thanks to all of his traveling to Toledo.) Oh, and Andrew surprised me with a stretch limo at the airport when we arrived. I felt so special all weekend long!

A big THANK YOU goes out to Grandma June, Grandma Scott, Great Grandma Ann and Great Grandpa Jim for watching the girls for us. They're exhausting, aren't they? :)