Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fabulous Fall Fest

So we attended a playdate this week with a festive Fall theme and I was blown away with the preparation this mommy made to ensure a great time by all of the kiddos. There were pumpkin cookies, home-made apple cider, a do-it-yourself turkey cupcake (picture), outside fun time, etc. And the crafts were amazing!! The picture above really doesn't do it justice... I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera at the play-date but I can promise that everything was wonderfully and festively fall! I even asked the mommy who painted the mural on her daughter's bedroom wall and big surprise- she did! Oh, and not only was she rediculously organized and creative... she was sweet, too.

On the same note, we also attended a "Curious George" birthday playdate last week where the girls could "monkey around" with friends, enjoy the gorgeous weather outside, hit a monkey pinata, have monkey cupcakes, and play lots of monkey games. It also came complete with a "Curious George" CD with a unique selection of kid-friendly tunes. Geesh... definitely raises the bar for my playdates. LOL If you're reading this, Jessica... thanks again for a great time!

In light of the season, we are definitely "thankful" for new friends!