Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Came Early!

I've been singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" to Ella over the last week and low and behold- they both sprouted up within 24 hours of each other. I'm not surprised that she got them early because she has been a very good girl this year!

Now Ella has five teeth- three on the top and two on the bottom. Further, here are a few other things our little sister is doing lately: she loves to say 'uh-oh' and 'ki ca'; she likes to mimic hand movements like clapping, 'how big?', playing indian (hand back and forth over open mouth), etc.; she's a dancer-- she loves music and also sings to it especially at church; she still LOVES bath time and isn't intimidated by the water at all; she loves food and her latest favorites are Yo Baby Yogurt and bananas processed in the Magic Bullet; she is still semi-crawling (1/2 crawling on knees; 1/2 army scoot/crawl) and she does attempt to pull up but hasn't mastered solo standing in order to cruise; she is down to two day naps and sleeps well through the night in her crib with a taggie blanket in grasp while sucking her left thumb; and she likes to play the dropping game where she'll purposely drop something so that I'll pick it up for her. Oh, and she got the biggest belly laugh the other day when I spit a food toy out of my mouth. (For the record, I didn't mistake toy food for real food; Adelyn placed it there when we were playing kitchen.)

I'm sure there are many other fun things to report that I'm leaving out. What's important is that she is doing very well developmentally and even though she's a bit of a lazy daisy when it comes to crawling/walking/cruising/standing, I'm pretty sure we'll have her walking sometime in the near future. Maybe not by her 1 yr birthday like big sister but that's o.k.! I can't believe she will be the big 1 on January 17th. That's just around the corner. I would consider working on birthday invitations but I haven't even gotten my Christmas cards out yet.

That reminds me- I mentioned in this post that my blog will be converting over to a private setting. Not only will this serve as a friendly reminder that it will go into effect in less than a couple weeks, but I also wanted to include my e-mail address as a way for you to contact me if you'd like to continue reading the family blog but don't have a way to let me know. In light of the 'privacy invasion' feelings I've been having lately, I will be disclosing only my 'junk e-mail address'- an old addy I keep active for non-personal e-mail reasons. I still check it, though, so feel free to shoot me a message! And for those solicitors out there, don't feel free to use it. Really. It's remarkable how fast I can throw you to my junk mail folder. And don't think I won't report you to the MSN police! :) Anyway, it's jenoldham at msn dot com if you'd like to join the very exclusive VIP list- ha!