


Andrew has been diligently working on the girls' new playroom. In just a couple weeks, he's managed to frame the room, complete the electrical work, put up drywall (which he says he will NEVER do again), paint, put a drop ceiling up, put the closet doors on, and put up/paint trim. He even created a little nook for a workspace/computer area in the corner. You might be able to notice it in one of the pictures. Then I found someone through my favorite website (Etsy) to do some custom painting with PBK-inspired trees and birds. I had the painter camouflage the girls' names into the artwork so they can call one of the trees their own. Adelyn has a big tree and Ella has a little tree of course! (I'm sure this is something they will appreciate more when they are much older.) Anyway, I LOVE how it turned out!! And yes, I AM lucky to have such a handy husband who would never leave a project uncompleted. :)The only thing outstanding is carpet which is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday. That means that we will have to move everything from the old playroom into the new one to make room for our new bedroom furniture scheduled to be delivered on Friday. Our old bedroom furniture is going into the new guest bedroom/old playroom. Follow that? Plainly speaking, we'll be busy Thursday and Friday. Then we are hosting a small holiday party for the neighborhood kids on Saturday after we have breakfast with Santa at the zoo that morning. Oh, speaking of that... check out the letter Adelyn and Ella got today in the mail from the North Pole:

Nice poetry, huh? I think 'Santa' better not quit his day- um, er... night job!



Now, for the 'Monkey Business' title. Here are a few pictures of the girls at Monkey Joe's today with their friends, Jackson & Caroline. Adelyn is still a little hesitant to do the big stuff but managed to get through some of the bounce houses with some assistance. It was a fun but LONG day.