No, really.... I've been called worse. :)
Ever since Adelyn was diagnosed with C Diff when she was only 9 months old, I've been so weird about public changing stations. It seems like she always gets sick when I use one of those things. Even with a couple layers of my own blankets/pads, it just doesn't seem sanitary to share the same fecal space with other potentially contaminated babies. I'd prefer to change her and Ella in the car if I have to.
So, the other night when we went out to eat, Adelyn randomly announced that she needed to go "poo poo potty." I assumed that she already did the #2 in her pants and this was how she wanted to tell us. But after a quick sniff test, I got really excited because she hadn't gone yet! :) We ran to the bathroom and after spreading a layer of toilet paper on the seat, I sat her down. Yeah, right. Way too easy. She laughed at me and said, "All done!" I figured that since I already had her diaper off, we should put a fresh one on her. Unfortunately, that meant that I needed to lay her down somewhere (she won't stand still long enough to put one on her that way) and I didn't plan on pulling her outside with her jeans around her ankles so I could change her in the car. So, I tossed her on the changing pad station, changed her, and then thoroughly washed our hands before we left to return to our table.
Here's the crazy part.... 24 hours later and she's running a high freakin' fever! Excuse my language but I felt like kicking myself. I mean, did or can this happen so quickly? I'm telling you..... EVERY TIME we are forced to use one of those things, she's sick shortly thereafter.
So frustrating!!! I feel like I did everything I could do (besides stay in and cook at home) and she still got sick. Now we're doing our regular rotation of Motrin and Tylenol to keep the fever down and so far, there aren't any other symptoms of whatever type of infection she got. Wish us luck that this will be short-lived!!
Sorry for all the poo poo talk but you have to expect it from a mommy of 2 babies!