I'm adding another favorite blog to the list (see left). I'm not quite sure how I found this one (o.k.... I was "blog lurking") but it definitely touched my heart. This mom is such an inspiration; the challenges she faces with her little girl's disabilities doesn't seem to get in her way. Makes me wonder if I could rise to such a challenge. It also reminds me how lucky I am to have two healthy little girls and a wonderful, supportive family who would be there in case they weren't. Gosh, I feel so blessed.
I have to confess, though, that I just felt the urge to do something for this mom... so I commented on a dress she made for her little one and asked if I could buy a couple. I'm not even sure what this is accomplishing since I will get two very cute dresses out of the deal. I just wanted her to feel like someone appreciated her for more than being an outstanding mom. Sometimes a mom gets so wrapped up in their kids' lives (especially those with disabilities) that they might forget what else they're really good at and need to be reminded. In this case, this mom has impeccable taste so I'm looking forward to the awesome summer dresses!
Here's the post with the dresses that she is going to make for the girls:
http://squishymommy.blogspot.com/2009/02/dresses.html
You like?