Monday, April 28, 2008

The Ups & Downs of a 2 Yr Old

Adelyn completed her first Potty Chart today!! She actually started potty training on her own a couple weeks before her 2nd birthday but we decided to wait to be aggressive about it until she finished one full chart. We do the potty dance, get a potty sticker, a piece of potty candy.... you get the idea. Now I've just got to get her to take it a little more seriously before we transition to pull-ups. All in good time.

Also, I was on the phone trying to schedule an eye appointment (apparently I am not through with my annual eye exams even though I got Lasik last year!) and when I noticed how cooperative and quiet Adelyn was being, I went in to the other room and she was in her secret hiding spot. Here's an older video of her hiding out to give you a visual:


No big deal I thought.... she does this all of the time. That's until I looked closer and this is what I found!!

Yes, oh yes. Artwork ALL OVER my custom-made drapes that an interior designer helped me pick out. And this is just a small sampling of what she did. I've used every known method of removing ink stains known to man to no avail. It is officially permanent and it drives me nuts! Oh well, at least it's not on the reverse side that everyone sees from inside the dining room (rather than outside the window). At least that's what I keep telling myself.........


On a positive note, here's a cute video of the girls I forgot to share earlier:


We only let Adelyn hold her 'sissy' in small installments.
Oh, and here's a shot of Ella Bella Bean after a bath yesterday. She looks so angelic!!